We, London School of Finance and Law Ltd, 3rd Floor 207 Regent Street, London, W1B 3HH, United Kingdom, registered in England and Wales with number 12145780, ICO Registration No: ZA761061, collect, use and share the My Taxes Plus visitors’ (users’) personal information to maintain the website in a working condition. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 as well as General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Bill 2017-2019, London School of Finance and Law Ltd acts as the ‘data controller’ of the users’ personal information.
Visitors’ Personal Information Collection and Use
Information posted on the My Taxes Plus website is publicly available. Our servers are located in Germany, and we assure you that we will hold and transmit your information in a safe, confidential and secure environment in compliance with the British and EU laws.
We collect and store the following visitors’ personal information:
- email address and contact information;
- computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the My Taxes Plus website and post data through cookies;
- other information, including users IP address and standard web log information.
We use users’ personal information:
- to provide our services;
- to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- to encourage safe trading and enforce our policies;
- to customise users’ experience;
- for on-site marketing purposes.
No personal information is stored after users delete their personal accounts after a period of time set in the British and EU laws.
We do not sell or rent My Taxes Plus users’ personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without users’ explicit consent.
However, we may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements or enforce our policies if an article content violates our or others’ rights.
We may also share personal information with service providers who engage in customer support (e.g. process transactions).
My Taxes Plus users agree to receive occasional marketing communications from us via newsletter unless they indicate that they prefer not to receive such communications.
We protect My Taxes Plus users’ personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, My Taxes Plus users can exercise the following rights with regard to their personal data storage, maintenance and processing:
- The right to be informed of how their personal data is stored, maintained and processed.
- The right to access information held about them.
- The right to rectify their personal data if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
- The right to erasure (delete or remove) their personal data.
- The right to restrict (block) processing (when processing is restricted, we will store your personal data, but not further process it).
- The right to data portability (by obtaining and reusing personal data for their own purposes across different services, e.g. by transferring data from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability).
- The right to automated decision making including profiling.
- The right to withdraw consent to direct marketing (by contacting us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (e.g. Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom) if they have a concern about our information rights practices.
This policy is effective 1 September 2020.